Post Christmas Shopping

Post Christmas shopping is a great time to pick up home decor items, particularly white ceramic pieces and mercury glass vases. Though these items look fabulously festive in winter displays, they are just as pretty year round. If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably seen these ceramic votive candle holders that I found over the weekend at Target.

I decided to try my hand at bookshelf styling and put them on a shelf above my desk along with the Kate Spade Style book which I got from my sister for Christmas and the framed pink Paper Source wallpaper I blogged about here.

Also speaking of Target (apparently that’s been my store the past two days on the blog?!), and as everyone probably knows, the Neiman Marcus for Target line bombed. The prices were far too high and a lot of the items were really questionable in taste. There were a few cute things, however, and now they’re all 70% off online. Click below to shop.

Lela Rose Top

Robert Rodriguez Dress

Tracy Reese Top

Share:

8 Comments

1. Lea Anne
    January 2, 2013 / 4:39 pm

Ahh! The amount of stuff I bought from the NM collection for Target is RIDIC!

2. dWa
    January 2, 2013 / 6:30 pm

I got a few of the Target NM collection items for christmas and my aunt included the gift receipt and told me to return and repurchase so that the gift kept giving! I love that they are discounting all of the items, some were pretty pricey at the beginning!

• HMB
      January 3, 2013 / 8:43 pm

What a great gift! Hopefully you were able to get the sale prices!

3. lJe
    January 2, 2013 / 10:40 pm

I may reconsider purchasing something from the NM collection since its so heavily discounted now, I really liked the rag & bone items but not the price!

• HMB
      January 3, 2013 / 8:42 pm

I know! I was so anti-purchasing anything but at these prices, it's hard to resist!

4. Alisa
    January 3, 2013 / 8:03 pm

I was extremely disappointed with the items in the NM collection at Target. Now that they are 70% off, I purchased the Oscar de la Renta tote and the Proenza Schouler sweatshirt, but only because they were cheap! Target fail.

• HMB
      January 3, 2013 / 8:43 pm

Serious Target fail!! I don't think I ever saw the sweatshirt, but the tote was cute… though much cuter at its current price!

5. Alisa
    January 3, 2013 / 8:49 pm

The sweatshirt isn't super cute, but I like the cut of it and for under 10 bucks, I'll wear it on Saturdays 🙂