Where on earth has July gone?! One minute I was counting down the days til Memorial Day and the next I’m looking at my planner and it’s going to be August this weekend. I seriously need to figure out a way to get to the beach a few more times over the next month.
Since July is ending, it reminded me I have yet to share my July Birchbox with you. This is my second month back on the Birchbox train, and while I didn’t purchase the full size versions of any of these products, I have used them in their entirety, and I consider that a win. I’ve also found that’s the best way for me to use sample boxes. I don’t let the samples pile up, I just use them up as soon as I receive them. That way I get a better idea of whether I actually like the product AND I don’t end up with sample clutter that never gets used.
July’s Birchbox was done in conjunction with Women’s Health magazine, and while I’m not sure what the tie in was, I did appreciate the card for a free subscription. Lord knows I could use a few more healthy recipes and workout tips, especially after all the road trip food I consumed this past weekend.
The products featured this month included:
- Naobay Body Radiance Lotion: This has a delicious lemony scent and is extremely lightweight. It’s perfect for summer when you don’t need heavy moisture.
- Marcelle New Age 8 in 1 Power Serum: I absolutely loved the texture of this serum. It was not watery as some serums can be, instead it was velvety, smooth, and felt wonderful on my skin. I’m not sure if it lived up to the 8 in 1 hype of anti-aging effects, but it certainly felt moisturizing.
- Real Chemistry Luminous 3 Minute Peel: This felt like it was doing absolutely nothing. I applied it to my skin and couldn’t even tell I had anything on. I honestly don’t know what I should be reviewing here.
- Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette: These eyeshadows are pink tinted neutrals which gave my eyes that sought after candlelit glow. I was totally on board to buy the full size until I realized that the full size is not just these 4 colors but a palette of 20 shades. Don’t overwhelm me with options, why couldn’t they have just kept it simple?
- Beauty Protector Protect and Treat Hair Mask: While this isn’t a product I truly need, it definitely made my hair feel silky smooth after a few days spent in the sun. It’s a must for girls with hair that dries out easily.
Shop the items in the post below or sign up to get your own Birchbox here.