Not gonna lie, I was a little underwhelmed with this month’s Birchbox. In comparison to June and July, these samples just seemed a little bit wimpy. Hopefully Birchbox ups their game a little bit in September.
This month’s samples included:
- Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo: While I was in the market for a new travel size dry shampoo to keep in purse, I honestly haven’t found that this one does much. It doesn’t seem to add much texture to my hair and while the white residue that dry shampoos are known for isn’t as bad with this particular product, I kind of think it’s because it doesn’t really work. It’s certainly not worth the price tag.
- Stainiac in Beauty Queen: This stain is great! I love the reddish color that’s perfect for a naturally flushed look. The gel consistency is great for cheeks or lips, and I love that it’s a slightly more budget friendly product than Benetint, another favorite stain of mine.
- Harvey Prince Ageless Body Cream: I wanted to love this lotion because of it’s delicious grapefruit scent, but it was just too difficult to rub in. I love a thick body cream, but this one sits on top of skin and does not absorb.
- Detox Purifying Cleanser: This is a gentle but effective cleanser. It had an almost shampoo like consistency, but it worked up to a nice lather that made my face feel like it was truly clean.
- Noir Long Wear Eyeliner: I used this for the first time today and it’s definitely an easy to apply, smooth eyeliner. I don’t wear black eyeliner on a daily or even weekly basis, but this is something I’ll reach for again when I need a little extra drama.
Shop the products in today’s post using the links below!