As I mentioned in my post on Wednesday, I spent a couple days dealing with snowstorms and flight cancellations earlier this week. While trying to get back to DC, I thought about how productive snow days can be when you’re at home with a slight case of cabin fever, and luckily it looks like I might get another chance today!
All those little projects around the house, all those DIY’s you’ve been waiting to try, all those books to read can be tackled when you’re sitting around the house sheltered from freezing temperatures and wind chills below 0. After a long Junior League event this morning, you’re sure to find me at home organizing, blogging, and Pinterest-ing.
A few things to check out while you’re curled up inside on this snowy Saturday:
- My first Rocksbox is on the way and I am so excited to
share it with you in a post soon! It’s a great way to rent jewelry from companies
like Loren Hope, Kendra Scott, Gorjana, and Margaret Elizabeth for $19 a month. You’ll receive three pieces at a time and you can swap it out as many times as you like. It’s basically Netflix for jewelry. Plus, if you love a particular piece, you have
the option to buy it at a 20% discount. Use the code pineapplesandpearlsxoxoto try out a free month!
- A personal favorite of DC design bloggers just unveiled her interior design firm this week. Check out Lindsay Speace and her exciting first project – a sophisticated and modern bachelor pad.
- These seem like the perfect snow day breakfast. Wash it down with a delicious mug of nutella hot chocolate. If you’re feeling adventurous, make your own marshmallows.
- One of the most iconic Slim Aarons images was recreated to celebrate its 45th anniversary. Check out the story and an interview with one of the fabulous women pictured.
- I got this amazing cheetah coat for Christmas and I was so thrilled to see this article with 10 different ways to style a leopard coat. Also, if you are in the market for a cheetah coat (umm who isn’t?!), definitely check this one out. It feels so much more luxe than you would expect (I was warm in it last night during 10 degree temperatures and snow!) I pair mine with a pair of black leggings, a slim black turtleneck, gold jewelry, and long black leather gloves.