So it came down to the wire, but I officially signed a new lease yesterday and will be moving in 13 days! I’m so excited to decorate a new place, though I’m trying to work mostly around what I have, and I am thrilled with the location. It is exactly where I described my ideal spot—I would call it Dupont, but it’s only three blocks from 14th Street and a short walk to Adams Morgan. While I’ve loved Glover Park, I am so, so, so excited to explore a new neighborhood. Okay, I’ve already explored it…really I’m just excited not to spend $150+ a month on ubers getting over there.
It’s going to get real decor heavy on here for the next little while. You’ve been warned.
- Speaking of my new place, I’m hoping the only things I’ll have to buy are a new sofa (goodbye Ikea hand me down that I got for free 8 years ago!) and paint (I can’t deal with neutral tan). The two sofas I’m deciding between? This modern and comfy look and this grand and contemporary take on a Chesterfield sofa.
- I started using my Day Designer today and as someone who is pen and paper planner obsessed, I’m in heaven. It’s so pretty and so organized.
- Speaking of pen and paper, I identified way too closely with this article on bullet journaling. I’ve got more lists in more notebooks than I know what to do with.
- Whether it’s blogging or launching a side business, it seems everybody has a side hustle these days. This is an interesting read on why it’s so commonplace in millenials.
- Summer sales worth shopping? Anthropologie Tag Sale. Extra 30% off at Kate Spade. J.Crew.
- I was thinking my desk would go right in front of the window in my new apartment, but I’m loving the look of in front of the window, but facing away!
- Need some activities for the long weekend? Staying in town? Check out the items I’ll try to cross off my summer bucket list.