I’m headed to Create + Cultivate in NYC this weekend! Woo! It’s going to be a long 24 hours…I didn’t want to spend my whole weekend in NYC since I was just there, so I decided I would train up and back in one day. That means a 3:15 AM train where I plan on sleeping and then a 9 PM train back. The lineup of speakers is amazing — everyone from Rebecca Minkoff to Kendra Scott to Naomi Davis to Gloria Steinem. It should be such an inspiring way to spend a Saturday in the city! If you’re going to be there too, definitely let me know!
Now, on to today’s post. Since today is a particularly rainy and dreary day on the East Coast, I’m sure you’re looking for some Friday reading. Luckily, I’ve got you covered.
- While J.Crew has certainly had some struggles over the past few years (remember the splatter paint field jacket this past winter?), I still love it for it’s colorful and sometimes quirky takes on preppy classics. This article, however, details the pain points of the brand and how maybe selling a lifestyle isn’t relevant anymore.
- When I did this outfit post back in March, I thought I was nearing the end of trench coat season. Apparently not! Today’s another perfect day for pulling out the classic khaki trench and stripes.
- I happened to have an Amazon gift certificate sitting around and finally ordered The Little Book of Hygee. Yes, we’re solidly into spring, headed into summer, but I’m thinking these principles can apply year round. Plus, as much as I absolutely love my girly, styled apartment, I’m hoping to make my home more cozy and welcoming when Adam and I move in together this summer.
- I am so intrigued by this Korean skincare trend, particularly the sheet masks, but I have no idea where to start. This article rounded up a few of their favorites, so I’ll keep you posted on what I end up trying.
- I’ve been saying this for years — red wine is often best chilled. I’m glad Southern Living is now backing me up on that.
- If you’re in the market for an easy weeknight recipe, look no further than these Old Bay Cheddar Grits. I made them after seeing them in Real Simple and they are definitely going in the regular rotation. Speaking of, does anyone have an effective way for organizing recipes that you want to make again? Too often, I’m like “okay, I know I loved that pasta dish…now where did I get that recipe?” Maybe I just need a Pinterest board dedicated to successes.
- This article on maintaining friendships through different life stages rang particularly true as it seems that so, so many of my friends have had or are going to have babies in the next year or two, and I’m definitely not jumping on that bandwagon. It absolutely changes the dynamic, but I’m getting used to babies accompanying me and my girl friends to restaurants and, sometimes, bars.
Well, that’s all I’ve got for you today! Make sure to follow along on Insta where I’m sure I’ll be documenting my entire Create + Cultivate experience.