Thanks to a few unforeseen circumstances, I actually have a couple days in town this weekend! I thought we’d be out of town every weekend from the first weekend of November through New Year’s, but now I’m getting a glorious couple days to stay put and do exactly what you see below.
Okay, maybe not, no surprise I’ve already got plenty of things on my agenda, but it’s so nice to get some time to catch up on things around the house instead of packing and unpacking.
ABOUT THIS ROOM BELOW
So I’m working on a travel recap that I’m super excited about and should have done for y’all by Monday. Stay tuned for all the florals, all the colors, and all the meals.
And if you need a little bit of reading on this lazy weekend, here are a few of my favorite links, favorite sales, and favorite posts I’ve written recently.
THE WEEKEND LINKS AND THOUGHTS
- We picked a venue and date! Read all about it in this post.
- Speaking of, I’m thinking I’ll go the BHLDN route for my dress since I just can’t justify spending much more than $1,000 on a dress I’ll wear once. Has anyone gotten a wedding dress from BHLDN or had any experience with the brand?
- And that segways into one of the best sales of the week. Anthropologie has 20% off tops and sweaters. Pick up this cozy winter white turtleneck or this ruffled pullover.
- If you live in DC and haven’t been to the Wydown, go ASAP and get the chocolate raspberry scone. Adam and I stopped in this morning on the way home from the Farmers’ Market and omg, I’m obsessed with the vibe. They also have wine in the evenings and I now understand why it seems to be the hot spot for weekday dates every time I walk by.
- I finally got my Rekjavik travel guide up on the blog. Now I have just one more Europe recap to do and that should be up this week. Stay tuned!
- Note to self: just make fewer plans.
- I’m working on a Thanksgiving tablescape post this weekend and while I already got placemats for the occasion, I’m also loving the vibe of this geometric placemat. Plus, they’re under $4.
- Looking to invest in a Barbour jacket this year? Check out my guide to one of the best splurges you’ll make for your wardrobe.
- Serena Williams’ princess wedding gown was out of this world. I totally respect the wider than it is tall ballgown skirt move.
My wedding dress is from BHLDN! I can't recommend them enough! Fast shipping, comfortable, well made dresses..seriously you can't go wrong. Plus the stylists at the Georgetown location are awesome!–Shannon // You, Me & DC