Well, we’ve already made it to February. How on earth did that happen?! There are so many things on my winter bucket list to check off over the next month or so!
CHEERS TO THE WEEKEND!
Last night, I ended up going to the ballet last minute. It had been a while since I’d been to the Kennedy Center for the ballet and American Ballet Theatre’s Whipped Cream did not disappoint. It was the most bizarre, colorful, glittery, visual dessert that I’ve ever seen. If you don’t have plans this weekend, I’d highly recommend looking into it. What’s on tap this weekend? Tonight, Adam and I are checking out a happy hour in the neighborhood, and then tomorrow it’s our usual 8:30 AM yoga class before I check out a vegetarian brunch spot on H Street with a friend. Sunday, we’ll be checking out Tyber Creek in Bloomingdale (the cast iron cinnamon roll!!) with a big group including a former DC friend who abandoned us for sunnier skies in Charleston.
A FEW WEEKEND LINKS
- Adam and I use his Chase Sapphire card to book all of our travel (including all the Airbnb’s and hotels for our upcoming Ireland trip in March!), so I loved reading Ashlee’s account of using the card’s travel protection. I wish we’d down about that when we got bumped from a flight back in July! Though we did get $800 in travel vouchers each from Delta, so I guess we can’t complain too much… (helllooo, honeymoon).
- Have you entered my giveaway for a $100 gift certificate to Jord Watches? If not, enter now!
- I’m pretty iffy on children as it is, and this article on the struggle of a creative woman reconciling herself with pressures to be “a mama” (don’t even get me started on the “mama” thing) puts a lot of my concerns into words.
- On a similar note, I love Meg Biram’s round up of 12 Artsy Things to Watch on Netflix. I don’t watch a lot of TV, but last Sunday I put on the Minimalists documentary while I was listing items on Poshmark (it seemed appropriate) and then Abstract while I was working on editing photos later that evening (again, appropriate).
- Okay, I know I’m only one day into using this, but I’m already obsessed with Laneige’s Lip Sleeping Mask. I also picked up the Water Sleeping Mask and it kept my skin feeling so soft all night long. Both are going into my regular routine AND they’re super reasonably priced.
- There are so many things I would do if I had just a tiny bit more room for my home office (which currently resides in a big hallway). I love Danielle Moss’s post about how she would have done her hallway home office.
- Looking to do some weekend shopping? Anthropologie has an extra 25% off sale items. And did you know Madewell does free shipping and free returns for Insiders? It’s free to sign up!
- Lastly – planning on staying in town this weekend? I pulled together a guide on how to make the most of a weekend spent in your own city!