Happy Friday, y’all! Here in DC it’s a ridiculously warm winter day and I’m sitting here working with the windows open, candle burning, music on. Winter and cold weather may be my favorite, but I can’t complain too much about the current situation!
A QUIET WEEKEND
I spent 3 hours round trip on the road last night in DC rush hour traffic taking Adam to Dulles (fiancé of the year award right here) and now I have the apartment to myself until Sunday evening. This is the first weekend we’ve been apart since we moved in together back in August, and this introvert is kind of pumped to get some solitary time.
My agenda is filled with three days of catching up on blog work, crossing off to-do’s that I’ve been putting off – like listing a bunch of clothing and accessories to my Poshmark closet and home decor items to craigslist (I’ll post all to Facebook and Twitter as well!), working out, and meeting girl friends for brunch, drinks, and dinner. Then, on Monday, we have our engagement pictures! I’m so pumped to take photos with Lauren Louise Photography. If you’re looking for an amazing photographer for a wedding or branding in DC, definitely check her out.
For those of you who are having a slow start to your long weekend, here are a few links from around the blog, a recap of a couple of my posts, and a handful of sales to keep you busy on this Friday afternoon.
- Have you entered my giveaway with Jord Watches? If not, enter now! It ends this weekend.
- Valentine’s Day may have passed, but you can still make a delicious chocolate dessert this weekend. Try my healthy version of a chocolate flourless cake.
- While I’m not a freelancer, I sometimes feel like one considering I’m working before and after my day job workday on my blog. And all of it is from home. This is a great article on how to be more productive and effective.
- Looking for something to do this weekend? Head over to Darlington House in Dupont for Mangia DC’s Eat, Drink, and Enjoy National Wine Day celebration. Tickets include wine tastings from several wine establishments around the DC area as well as snacks (so you can keep drinking more wine, of course!) Get your tickets here.
- Having a leisurely cup of coffee at a local coffee shop is a nice weekend splurge, but sometimes you just want to save some money and make it at home. I’ve got it down to a science, choosing a pour over over a french press and using a milk frother, and this article will walk you through how to make coffee like a pro.
- I am absolutely loving taking y’all through my wedding planning process! If you haven’t checked out my posts, find them here. There’s a new one up this week on finding the perfect place setting.
- J.Crew is having a ridiculous sale. This gorgeous off the shoulder top is just $12 and the buffalo check shirt jacket I’ve worn all winter is now $24.
- Speaking of both weddings and sales, I’m pretty sure I need these stunning navy velvet flats with their glitter heel for just kicking around during my wedding weekend. I have to wear something blue all weekend, right?!