Hey, it’s Friday! I actually didn’t expect to get this post up so early this morning – I’m supposed to be finishing up the copy on a home decor post for you, but I started jotting down a few links to remember later and it just went from there. So, here are my weekend thoughts, first thing on a Friday!
OH, HELLO, WEEKEND.
It hasn’t been too busy of a week, but I did have time to work on a fun freelance project, attend an event sponsored by Visit Richmond (you can read my most recent Richmond post here!), and relax at the most calming “spa yoga” class I’ve ever been to. Speaking of which, I’m back on the ClassPass train after an extended absence. I realized that a nearby dance studio finally jumped on board – if I can take three classes a month there for $37 total, that’s a heck of a lot better than paying $20 for each class! (If you’re interested in signing up, you can get $40 off here.)
This weekend is going to be a fun one! Tonight, Adam and I are headed to dinner with Ashlee and her boyfriend at a fun new spot on H Street. Tomorrow morning kicks off early with a trip down to Charlottesville. First, we have an appointment to look at place settings for the wedding, then it’ll be an afternoon hanging out in Charlottesville before the UVA v. Virginia Tech basketball game. It’s my first time back for a basketball game since college!
A FEW WEEKENDS LINKS
- Looking for an adorable Valentine’s Day gift? I just spotted this Instagram inspired heart pillow on Etsy and I’m pretty sure it’s a must have.
- Need a more practical Valentine’s Day little something? Dazi sent me a couple pairs of mens’ socks recently and Adam loved them so much that he already plans on buying a few more. They’re super soft and the colors are so fun. I’m loving the retro vibe of the Ollie.
- On the same note, here’s the cutest, but most subtle, Valentine’s Day sweater.
- If you’re like me and are all about easy weekend trips that are just a short drive away, check out my post on my getaway to Nemacolin Woodlands Resort in Pennsylvania.
- As you’ve read on here before, I started working from home in 2018, and I loved these 5 tips from Entrepreneur on how to be more productive. I’ve learned I’m way more productive in the afternoon, and I’m now working to have a running list of short to-do’s that I can plug in anytime I’m waiting for a call to start.
- I’ve loved watching Carly evolve from throughout her blogging career, and her post on blogging tips was spot on. She’s maintained a genuine blog and doesn’t get lost in trying to keep up with bloggers – she focuses on being her best self.
- Did you read my post on THE most important step in planning a wedding? I’m breaking it down for you, line by line, here.
- The Everygirl explains the importance of executive presence in the workplace and how it could be the key to your next promotion.