Happy Friday, y’all! It’s been a beautiful week in DC and one that has been relatively slow, which has been great for getting life done, running a few errands, taking some blog pictures, and just enjoying this amazing spring weather.
UPCOMING BLOG CONTENT
I planned on having the last of my Ireland travel guide posts for you this week, but it looks like it’s going to be next week. I need the weekend to really sit down and focus on every little detail of that trip. In addition to that travel post, I have two others that are in draft form, so look out for those soon, too. Speaking of future blog content, the post I did on What I’ve Learned from Living with My Fiancé has turned to be one of my most read blog posts ever, and I wonder if y’all would like me to do more relationship and life content. I love writing about that stuff, but I’ve never known if it really fit in with my brand. If my readers enjoy it though, then I’m happy to bring it!
WEEKEND THOUGHTS AND READING
On the blog this week, I shared a few of the snapshots that I’ve taken around DC. My DC neighborhood photos are some of my favorite to share on Instagram, and I realized I’d never really posted any on the blog. I posted a colorful and refreshing summer dish, perfect for entertaining. I worked with Artifact Uprising to share how I am displaying our engagement photos around the apartment. Lastly, I brought you my tips on working from home and staying productive – and a spring outfit that I’m absolutely loving.
Now, from around the internet this week…
- Since I’ve recently gotten back into painting, I was fascinated watching Meg Biram’s mural painting process on her Insta stories. Now it’s live on her blog.
- I went into Trunk Club last month for the first time in a while and had such a great experience. It’s so nice to shop one on one with a stylist, have some coffee, try on a bunch of different things, and end up walking out the door with something you love. If you live in a city where there is a Trunk Club, I would definitely recommend checking them out.
- Last week I had breakfast at Tiffany for the launch of their new Paper Flowers collection. These earrings. How gorgeous would they be for both every day and special occasions? Of course if you’re looking to make more of a statement, there’s always this ring…
- Y’all know I love a good self help book, so I loved this round up from The Everygirl. I haven’t read a single one of these, which is shocking. I’m excited to add a few to my next Amazon order.
- I finally found the “mom jeans” I’ve been looking for! These Levi’s are perfectly vintage inspired.
- I’m a super nervous flyer and typically end up spending long flights nervously fidgeting. Next time I’m on a long flight, I’ll try to put these tips from Style Me Pretty Living into action and be a little more productive in distracting myself.
- How fabulous are these color photographs from the 60’s and 70’s? I’m loving the warm tones and the gorgeous pops of muted turquoise that seem to appear again and again.
- Oh hey! Look at DC getting a shout out as having a food moment. And, I absolutely love that a restaurant in my neighborhood – Maketto on H Street – was the first one mentioned in the article. Let’s just hope that the “eight irreversible years of expanded palates” actually can’t be reversed.