Memorial Day weekend is coming up this weekend, and, like many of you, I’m headed out of town. I’m going to Nashville for a long weekend and am so excited for good food and good music. Plus, I haven’t been there in several years, so I’m sure the restaurant scene has exploded even more since my last visit. If you’ve been recently, definitely let me know if there are any places I should check out!
PACKING FOR A LONG WEEKEND
To be honest, I’m not the most efficient packer in the world. But, I’m definitely getting better, and my Ireland trip was a great example of packing with what resembles a capsule wardrobe rather than throwing every item I might possibly want to wear in my bag and hoping for the best. I’m trying to do the same this weekend by packing only what I know I’ll wear, rather than just guessing. Making a list always helps. The area where my packing is already top notch, however, is my carry on purse. I like to think I have exactly the items I need to be comfortable and entertained, and today I’m sharing with you exactly what I pack.
Outfit Notes: I picked up this dress at Target and it’s an absolute steal. I wore it all day today, it didn’t wrinkle, and the attached sash around the middle is super flattering. You need this dress. The earrings, which apparently move too much for my camera to capture, are from J.Crew, and are under $15. So, again, you need them.
WHAT GOES IN MY CARRY ON?
So, what goes in my carry on? Only the absolute essentials that will make me as comfortable and prepared as possible for a few hours without my suitcase.
- Laptop: In theory, I usually plan on getting a few blog posts done while in there. In reality, it doesn’t usually happen, but I like having the option there. Plus, I’m usually fairly productive while at the gate.
- Phone: Of course.
- Headphones: Just in case I’ve thought ahead and downloaded a few podcasts. Adam actually got me a pair of Bose noise cancelling headphones to try to alleviate my flight anxiety a bit, but I usually opt against them so that I don’t feel too cut off.
- Notebook: You never know when your best ideas might it! You need to be prepared just in case the next big thing hits you mid-flight.
- Pen: To accompany the previous notebook. These pens from Poppin are my favorite – they write so nicely and look chic at the same time.
- Slim wallet: I only carry the absolute essentials while traveling and downsize to a slim wallet to hold a credit card, a debit card, and my drivers license.
- Burt’s Bees: Because obviously I’m addicted to Burt’s Bees.
- Hand Cream: Preferably with an SPF, a hand cream is an essential for keeping your hands moisturized and protected from the sun – even in flight.
- Kleenex Wet Wipes: Feeling grimy while traveling is the absolute worst and these wipes are a god send for refreshing your face and hands during and after your flight.
- Face Spray: As soon as I land, I’m all over this Milky Mist spray. I talked about it recently in a Skin Care Favorites post and it really is something I have with me at all times.
- Scarf: Today I’m actually using a super lightweight scarf from Lulie Wallace that’s perfect for heading to a hot climate. You just never know what temperatute you’ll encounter in the airport and on the plane, so better to be prepared!
So what’s in carry on purse? Are there any essentials that you always have with you when you travel that I missed? I’d love to hear if you’ve come across any absolute must haves for flights!
This post is sponsored by Kleenex but the content and opinions expressed here are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible!