Happy Friday, y’all! Despite being a short week for me since I got back from Key West Monday night, these past few days seem to have gone by at a snail’s pace. On the bright side of that, I’m feeling totally on top of everything at work, in the blog world, and around the house! Also, now that I have the Blogger to WordPress migration and this new blog look behind me, two of my big summer housekeeping plans are checked off. Next up? Creating a cohesive brand between my blog and my portfolio website. They’re close…but not quite there.
WHAT I’VE BEEN UP TO AND WHERE I’M GOING
So, what was my highlight of this week? Probably the calligraphy workshop I did on Wednesday at Bureau Studio in Adams Morgan with The Printed Palm. If you’re looking for a fun girls’ night activity, I would absolutely recommend switching up your normal happy hour routine and getting creative. Plus, there’s plenty of champagne to be had while you work on your hand lettering techniques!
Then, this weekend I’m headed to the Charlottesville area for a college friend’s low key bachelorette party. There will be plenty of relaxing, drinking, and a little bit of hiking. A perfect summer weekend – and so much better than a wild night out in city. Now, if only the rain would stay away…
SOME READING FOR YOUR WEEKEND
- I am so excited that there seems to be a recent influx of new bars and restaurants in my neighborhood and SUPER thrilled that there’s also a bookstore-bar in the mix. Who wants to come over to H Street?!
- This is an interesting article about how cities should quit wasting their time and resources vying for the Amazon headquarters and instead focus on bringing in freelancers. I mean it makes sense, right? They’re the ones that have the time to actually spend their money in the city since they don’t spend hours commuting and they’re also often the ones who are more invested in their communities.
- I loved this article on The Everygirl about the one thing you should do every day in your relationship. It’s really so important not to take your significant other for granted and to show gratitude each and every day. Thank you goes a long way!
- Last night I had drinks with a new friend from Twitter/Instagram and we were talking about how everything The Cut publishes is so addictive to read. Seriously, I click on almost every link in their daily email. I mean, there was the Anna Delvey drama a few weeks ago, and then this week, there’s a woman with a $20,000 a year clothing allowance – from her parents.
- Y’all, I’ve always been obsessed with Nordstrom Rack, but yesterday I found a pair of $275 Marc Jacobs sandals for $40. It doesn’t get any better for someone who loves a bargain.
- Lastly, if you need a podcast to listen to on your commute this evening, don’t miss Natalie Franke, the founder of the Rising Tide Society, on the Being Boss podcast. She’s so, so good, and so inspiring. Sometimes she sounds a bit like a motivational speaker, but I’m into it. Seriously, if she was a cult leader, I’d be all in.