It’s been a while since I’ve done a weekend thoughts post, but I don’t know that I’ve ever been happier for a Friday. This has been a week. And not because I just got back in town on Sunday after 12 days away. Nope, it’s because there was just one night this week I went to bed before midnight due to work, freelance projects, blogging, and the like. Not that the weekend is really going to make a difference on 2 out of 3 of those commitments, but at least there’s a little respite.
But, looking ahead and moving forward, I’m planning on a low key night in tomorrow before going to yoga tomorrow morning and then a wedding tomorrow afternoon. This is only the SECOND wedding in DC I’ve ever been to. The interesting thing about living in such a transient city is that most people aren’t from here, and so they get married back in their hometown or do a destination wedding. Of course, the bride and groom for this wedding aren’t from here either, but I’m excited to not have to travel or take an entire weekend off for a wedding. Sunday, I’m hoping for some pool time and more relaxing.
Then, I actually have a slow next few weeks. Somehow, Labor Day weekend is already next week, and I’m just doing a quick trip up to Baltimore to see a friend before coming back for the UT v. Maryland football game. I have a girls’ trip to St. Michael’s later in the month, but, unfortunately, Adam and I had to cancel our New Orleans trip and postpone it until the spring. So, you know I’m itching to get something else on the calendar! Suggestions welcome.
To be honest, I’ve barely had time this week to do any reading besides what I’ve seen on Twitter while scrolling through in the grocery store line. But, I’ve got a few links for your Friday afternoon.
- First off, shameless self promotion. I managed to write three posts this week, so check them out! Travel Guide: 4 Days at Lake Tahoe, The Beauty Products I Can’t Get Enough of While Traveling, and Life Lessons: Better Done Than Perfect.
- Looking to up your Pinterest game? I’ve loved Dana’s super helpful series on mastering Tailwind. It used to be this magical thing I would hear about, but never understood. Dana does a great job of breaking it down.
- Here’s a secret: I’ve ALWAYS wanted glasses, but my eyesight is better than 20/20 and I didn’t want to get fake glasses because that just seemed weird. Thankfully, blue light glasses are now a thing. Supposedly they help shield your eyes from blue light from computer screens and phones, but I’m just using them as an excuse to finally make my glasses dreams come true. This pair is on Amazon Prime and under $20.
- I love Grace of The Stripe’s post on Why You Should Keep a Travel Journal. I bought one a few years ago, but rarely use it, and I’m hoping this will motivate me. My blog posts do kind of serve that purpose though – for example, today I pulled my Paris posts up, and scrolling back through them reminded me of how amazing that trip was.
- I’m absolutely in love with this new series of paintings that Meg Biram is doing. They remind me of paper cut-outs, but even sharper and crisper.
- Did you catch my post over on Advice from a Thirty Something? I wrote about the ways that I find inspiration in the every day – from taking a walk to noticing the details to slowing down, there are so many ways to be inspired each and every day.
- If you’re in the market for any new clothes and want a good deal – head over to my Poshmark page! I’ve got a bunch of Lilly Pulitzer, J.Crew, and several never worn pieces at super budget friendly priced. With no closet space over here, I just need to clean out! Make an offer if you see something you like.
omg we went to a wedding in Dupont last year and it was GLORIOUS. had a normal Saturday, took the bus down from our apartment in Adams Morgan, Ubered back, and were asleep in our own beds by midnight. have a great time!
That sounds amazing! I mean I get why people DON’T get married in DC (myself included, ha), but it’s so, so nice to not have to plan an entire weekend around a wedding. Granted, after saying that, I realize that two weekends ago we had to travel all the way out to Sonoma for a wedding and it was one of the most fun weekends I’ve had all year!
I’m a little delayed, but thanks for sharing my Tailwind post!