It’s time for another roundup of my seasonal beauty favorites and this month it’s all about skincare as self-care! Y’all know that what I’m using changes with the weather, and right now these are the products that I’m absolutely loving. The past few months have been stressful because of the move…and, well, the whole process of committing to and buying a home. And that is 100% showing on my skin.
JUNE BEAUTY: SKINCARE AS SELF-CARE
Currently, I’m all about products that soothe, moisturize, and recharge my tired and stressed out skin. I don’t want to look like I’ve had as many late nights hanging prints and ordering rugs as I most certainly have. So, if you’re all about skincare as self-care, you’re definitely going to want to take notes on this roundup.
A ROUNDUP OF THE BEST PRODUCTS FOR SELF-CARE
These are the products that are in regular rotation in my beauty arsenal. Some are everyday musts, some are perfect for traveling, and some are ideal for that once-or-twice a week extra boost of pampering.
- VIICode Oxygen Eye Mask for All Night Repair: I’m sure you’ve seen eye masks as all the rage on Instagram these days, but, seriously, when I want to look like I get 8-hours of sleep every night, these are what I reach for. These cooling, soothing eye masks are wonderful to pop on at night, leave on for up to 8 hours, and let their antioxidants do their thing. Your eyes are left looking hydrated and refreshed—and who doesn’t love giving their eyes a little masking attention!? There’s no reason your face should be the one having all the fun.
- VII Code Hydrating Eye Spray: I always love a good spray (you’ll read about another later in this post), so, yes, I’m totally into a spray designed specifically for your eye area. You know the skin around your eyes is more sensitive and thinner, so it’s no surprise that a specially formulated spray would be the ideal way to give your eyes just a little bit of extra attention.
- Pacifica Beauty Super Flower Rapid Response Facial Oil: I could wax poetic about my love for facial oils for days (and I have), but I was delighted when I picked up this oil from Whole Foods the other day. I was sold because it had “blue tansy,” which I have NO idea what it does, but the Sunday Riley Sleeping Oil also has it, so it must be good, right?! Well, whatever the blue tansy’s use is, it’s making my skin feel moisturized and radiant, and that’s all I ask for.
- Evian Facial Spray: Whenever I travel, I make sure to have a facial spray on hand. I have loved the Mario Badescu Rose Face Mist for years, but, I can’t use it and feel okay about the smell when I have fellow travelers surrounding me in a confined space. So, I’m now using this indulgent, refreshing, and wonderfully hydrating Evian Facial Spray. A little bougie to use Evian on my face? Sure, I need that extra boost of pampering self-care when I’m traveling and it makes me feel fresh and ready to for anything when I’m on the go.
- La Roche Posay Melt-In Sunscreen Milk SPF 60: I used to only believe in the face-specific version of this sunscreen, but now I buy the much more budget-friendly all-over tube…and still just use it in on my face. It’s the best all-year round sunscreen—and it feels like you’re wearing nothing at all and the finish isn’t oily, but it’s not dull and matte either.
- Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate: I’m sure I’ve shared this product with you before, but it’s an all-time favorite. With the loveliest mix of botanical oils, this oil serum not only smells like relaxation, it keeps my skin feeling as moisturized in the morning as it was when I put the serum on at night. There’s literally nothing out there that’s this good.
- Silk Therapeutics C Advance Anti-Aging Serum: So, this serum says it has Vitamin C and hyaluronic acid to reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and to keep your skin plumped and youthful—all I know is that when I use this in the morning, my skin looks tight and glowy all day long. I’ll look in the mirror in the evening expecting to look tired…maybe a little haggard from pulling my hair out over who knows what…but instead, I’m feeling like I should maybe make some evening plans. Whatever this plumping magic is—it works. I was gifted this product, but it is 100% going in the “buy it again” pile.
- Silk Therapeutics Eye Revive Anti-Aging Cream: Obviously, if I’m buying into one product for a brand, I’m a believer that you might as well use the whole suite. This eye cream brightens and hydrates—it’s the complement I need to their anti-aging serum.
IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING…
I was sent several of these skincare as self-care products to try by the brands. Each season, I receive press mailers with new products, but only a few (those above!) make it into my regular rotation. Those are the products that I go on to purchase more of when I run out and those are the ones I share with you!