Happy Friday, y’all! I’m headed down to Mobile, Alabama this afternoon to visit a friend who used to live in DC. We’ve got a fun weekend planned exploring Mobile and the Gulf—make sure you’re following along on Instagram for all the action! In the meantime, however, I’ve got some Friday reading for you.
WHAT I’VE BEEN WRITING LATELY…
I’ve been busy lately churning out articles for websites including The Everygirl and Advice From a Thirtysomething. These are some of my favorite pieces to write—yes, I’ve taken the Enneagram and, while I’m not sure I identify with everything about an 8, I certainly like to impart my life advice on the world. So, here are a few articles that I’ve been writing lately…
- Read This Before You Decide to Monetize Your Passion: I wrote this article for the Everygirl and was thrilled to see how much it resonated with my readers. So many of you messaged me on Instagram saying that you’ve felt the pressure to make your hobby or passion project into a business and that’s not always the goal. Sometimes we do things for the pure joy of doing them—and that’s okay.
- 5 Steps to take Before Combining Finances with Your Partner: I love writing about finances and this is one topic that’s been top of mind for the past year. Getting married, buying a house—these make splitting and combining finances a more pressing matter.
- 5 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Starting Your House Hunt: Speaking of buying a house, here’s the down-low on everything you need to do before you even walk in that first open house.
- The Case for Staying Off Social Media on Your Wedding Day: You know I’m all about sharing my everyday details online and on Insta stories, but, just hear me out, maybe it would be wise to save changing your last name on Facebook until the day after the wedding.
And, because it’s not all personal essays, sometimes I write for brands, here’s a look at recent posts for a great bamboo clothing line called Boody.
- Meditation for Beginners: It doesn’t need to be complicated, just do it.
- Stay Sun Savvy | Protect Yourself From Head to Toe this Summer: This is something I feel passionately about from both a healthy and vanity standpoint. Seriously, put on the sunscreen. You’ll thank yourself later.
This should keep you busy for at least an hour on this slow September Friday! And, remember, if you’re ever looking for a writer, give me a shout!