My first One Room Challenge starts today! You got a sneak preview of the room I’d be working on in a post last month because I was too antsy not too sure, but now starts the fun part. From now until July 1, I’m going to share weekly posts that detail the progress I’m making on turning our patio into a true outdoor room.
MY FIRST ONE ROOM CHALLENGE: OUTDOOR ROOM
For my first One Room Challenge, one that’s occurring in the midst of a pandemic, it seemed appropriate that I’d choose to redo (or finally do?) our outdoor space. We have a tiny little patio off the back of our bedroom, but it’s been a lifesaver during social distancing.
An outdoor space was a nice-to-have during our house hunt and, woah, am I glad we’ve got it. If it’s been nice out, I’ve been out here working and, every warm evening, we’ve been eating out here.
But, this space leaves something to be desired. We’re working around the existing furniture from Adam’s old house, which isn’t my first choice, but it’s there. Last summer, I bought a couple pillows and stopped there. Now, it’s time to turn this postage-stamp sized outdoor space into a true outdoor room and an oasis that we’ll enjoy while we’re home all summer long.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
So, what can you expect from me over the next 7 weeks? I’m not working with a large space and I’m not doing any sort of full renovation here, but I’m going to break it down into deep dives into each detail that I’m working on. Here’s the plan right now, but if you have anything you’d specifically like me to cover, leave me a comment!
- How to Select Outdoor Pillows + Mix Bold Prints
- What to Look for in an Outdoor Rug + Tips on Sizes
- Creating Waterproof Storage in a Small Outdoor Space
- The Plants I Chose for Our Shady Urban Garden
- How to Create a Modern Hanging Garden (this one all depends on a pretty big repair we’re waiting on…fingers crossed!)
- Small Space Outdoor Dining + Our Summer Tablescape
- The Big Reveal of My First One Room Challenge: Outdoor Room