There’s just a week left to shop the 2020 holiday markets in DC, but that’s plenty of time, right?! I’m trying to get everything I can out of the holiday season this year so it’s like why buy something online when I can swing by one of the festive markets around town? Grab a few gifts, pick up something for yourself, drink a hot chocolate — there’s no better way to add a bit of festive cheer to your weekend.
2020 Holiday Markets in DC
So, here’s a roundup of the 2020 holiday markets in DC — all of which are open through this weekend and one which is even open through next Wednesday.
- Shop Made in DC | Gift Guide Marketplace: You have to do a bit of planning ahead for this market at the Roost Food Hall on Capitol Hill — timed tickets are $10 and must be purchased ahead of time. However, with your ticket, you get a cocktail or mocktail and discounted shipping on any gifts you purchase. A friend of mine went this past weekend and said the curated selection of gifts is top notch. Plus, Roost has awesome food vendors and is definitely worth checking out. Sunday, December 20 is the only day left to shop so grab your tickets!
- Shop the District: The Union Market neighborhood has so many amazing shops (check several out in my DC Small Business Gift Guide!), but they’ve also added pop-ups from local makers just in time for the holiday season. Thursday, December 17 through Sunday, December 20 are the last days to shop.
- Victura Park Winter Holiday Market: We stopped by this market at the Reach at the Kennedy Center this past weekend and, in complete transparency, it’s small. There are a few good vendors, candles, vintage clothing, and liquor. And, the venue is cool so, if you’re already in the neighborhood and want to make an afternoon of it and grab food and drink for a picnic, then it could be worth a stop. Open through Sunday, December 20.
- Downtown Holiday Market: If you’ve lived in DC for a few years, you’ve likely been to this festive market in Penn Quarter/Chinatown. I absolutely loved strolling through here when I worked in the neighborhood and have always made an effort to swing by at least once during the holiday season. While this year may look a little different to allow for social distancing, they’re still welcoming 70 small business vendors from across the area. The Downtown Holiday Market runs Sunday, December 20 through Wednesday, December 23.
- Eastern Market: You know I have to shout out my neighborhood market, even if it’s not a technical “holiday market.” There are so many artisan vendors out at Eastern Market every Saturday and Sunday, plus the flea market on Sunday, you’re bound to find what you’re looking for. Plus, I snapped the image below of the Christmas trees they have for sale. How charming is it?!
Know of other great holiday markets in the area I may have missed? Share them in the comments!