Happy Friday, y’all! It’s been quite the week for me. I got rear ended and today received the appraisal that my car is totaled. Now the question is, do I get a new car or do I go carless? I actually live near two metros now, so it seems the next logical step…but am I up for being that urban?! Just add this to the list of life shifts that I’ve had this summer, and have coming up in the next few weeks!
In case you’re having a slow Friday before Labor Day at work, here are a couple interesting links for you to check out, articles to read, online shopping to do…take your pick.
- I finally created an online portfolio this week, and while it has a ways to go, it’s a good skeleton for now. This article from The Everygirl will give you some tips and tricks as you develop your own—it’s a must if you’re job hunting these days.
- My love of an excess of pattern is going crazy over this gorgeous Nashville home. Both of those green and white bathrooms are absolutely to die for.
- On the opposite end of the spectrum, because it’s good to keep things varied, I’m also lusting over this minimalist light and bright home. White, coral, and gold are always a winning combo.
- Did you check out my post on my favorite ways to order dinner in DC? If not, check it out now!
- Regardless of which side you’re in, the others are out there and you may end up dating one.
- Obsessed with Monica’s trip to Palm Beach. I seriously need to check out this hotel ASAP…seems like the perfect mid-winter trip.
- Labor Day Sales…where to start…well, Anthropologie is offering an extra 40% off sale items, and that’s always tough to turn down. I can never get enough of their lacy bras and undies, and I wish I had a reason to raid their home section.
- I’m not a huge Ann Taylor fan normally, but I’ve been obsessed with this skirt this summer. With their extra 50% off sale items, it’s now just $20 and available in all sizes. Size down one size.
- Madewell has an extra 30% off sale items. I love to stock up on cheap gold rings, and this summery white dress might be a must have. Also, if you’ve wanted to try a jumpsuit, this is the time.
- Kate Spade is doing 25% off sale items. Love this classic gingham dress, this twist back striped number, and these adorable lime studs.
- Other good sales? J.Crew has 25% off orders of $125 or more. J.Crew Factory is 50% off everything, including clearance. And Club Monaco has an extra 40% off clearance.