Happy Friday, y’all! It’s been a good and productive week, which I needed after being sick and out of commission for a week and a half. It really had felt like I never got back in the swing of things after returning from Europe, then I was down and out besides just dragging myself to work for 10 days. Not the ideal way to start the fall and I was feeling way behind on life.
This week though, I felt like I was cranking through blog content, catching up on posts that had been just sitting in queue, lined up a few new collaborations, deep cleaned the apartment, cooked dinner every night, brought my lunches to work, did laundry, worked out every day. I even did a little online shopping to round out my fall wardrobe. Yup, I’m feeling on top of things again.
Since it’s Friday, I have a little bit of Friday reading for your lazy afternoon…
- First things first, did y’all check out my apartment tour over on Houzz?! It’s always been my dream to have a home tour published, and I am SO excited to share mine with the internet!
- Yesterday I published a post about my experience with some of the recent art exhibits and installations that one could as “made for Instagram.” There’s a lot of positive in bringing people into art through social media, but there also needs to be a respect for others’ experience.
- In the same vein, here’s a recent article about the phenomenon.
- And, again, how Instagram affects our perception. Since I just returned from Paris a few weeks ago, this post was an interesting read. I even had a similar experience in a restaurant in France where it was the most unbelievable space, but the Instagram I wanted to take just couldn’t do it justice. These little images are best suited to the details and we can lose the bigger picture.
- Looking to do a little shopping this weekend? Anthropologie is offering 25% off everything, including sale, on their website. There are tons of shirts under $20, swimsuits under $15. You NEED to check it out.
- I wear my tan leather jacket constantly, so I’m thinking I need to get a black one. I’m not sure I’m going to invest in real leather for my black jacket, so now I’m torn between this jacket and this one with removable faux fur. Thoughts?
- So, I’m wearing this ivory top in WAY too many blog posts taken on a different days recently. It’s $16 now. You definitely need it.
- In other things you need, these undies. Believe me, they are the comfiest I’ve ever found.
And, with all that, it’s time for the weekend. I have lots of meals with friends on top, checking out the new Made in DC shop, and a fall blog shoot (so excited for the outfits!) Check it all out over on Instagram.