Last night was the annual Beaujolais Nouveau celebration at Bistrot du Coin here in DC. Every year, France releases the new vintage of their favorite cheap wine, Beaujolais Nouveau, on the third Thursday of November at midnight. Bistrot du Coin does a huge party with bottles of wine topped by a stack of plastic cups (cup use optional) passed out to the crowd and the restaurant turns into what is essentially a weeknight French rave. With lights. Lots of lights.
So all that being said, a post of my favorite links is about all I can pull together today.
- I just bought this jumpsuit for the upcoming holiday season. With a gold and rhinestone statement necklace, gold glitter heels, and a leopard coat, I think it will be perfect for Christmas cocktail parties. Definitely expect an outfit post soon. You can also get it in black or cranberry if that’s more your speed.
- Garden & Gun released their Annual Made in the South awards this month, just in time for the gift giving season. You can find everything from Southern made cast iron skillets to single malt whiskey to soy-wax candles.
- I got a long overdue manicure when I was in NYC last weekend and killing time before dinner. I went with Essie’s Mink Muffs which is exactly the shade of taupe-brown I’ve been searching for. Cue new go to nail polish.
- I’ve been fitting in workout classes immediately after work lately due to too many late evenings preventing me from sticking with my AM workout schedule. A Perfectly Simple Zone Bar is a pre-workout lifesaver so that I’m not absolutely famished by the time I get home.
- Other essentials in my workout bag? A pretty striped zip up, the comfiest leggings from Beyond Yoga, a headband to keep my hair back (necessary since my hair is too short for a real ponytail these days!), refreshing facial spray, lip balm with a bit of color, and a book. Fun fact: I’m a perpetually late person, except when I’m going to workout classes, then I’m always 10 to 15 minutes early.
- I loved reading Meg Biram’s roundup of 10 new places in DC to check out. I have the prints from Cherry Blossom Creative of the two neighborhoods I’ve called home on my Christmas list.
- I’m excited to attend this weekend’s dewdrop #HouseCrush Swap. I have so many items around the house that I no longer use, but that could be enjoyed in a new home! This is a great opportunity to bring a bag of the home items you don’t want, pick up a few new to you pieces, and enjoy cocktails, bites, and fun vendors. It’s this Saturday, November 21 from 1 PM to 4 PM. You can find tickets here.
- If you haven’t checked out my Facebook page, stop by now and follow along for post updates and other fun information! Also, be the first to know about big changes around here in 2016!
Okay, that’s all I’ve got for you today. Hope your rainy Thursday is going along swimmingly. Stay tuned for a new outfit post (it’s about time!) this weekend. There’s leopard print involved.