What a couple weeks it’s been! Admittedly I live in a bit of an East Coast/Washington bubble, so perhaps everything is more exaggerated than it is in other cities, but it just seems like the insanity increases with each passing day. So instead of dwelling on all that—I do that all day—I’m just going to do a links round up!
- I’m all about hygge this winter, from candles to faux fur blankets to oatmeal and coffee in the morning, it’s all about being cozy—even if that means being cozy while doing schoolwork and blogging. This little book about hygge seems like the perfect introduction for anyone looking to bring a little bit of this Danish philosophy into their own home.
- Over the years, girlfriends and I have gone to the ballet here and there, but this winter and spring we’ve decided to make trips to the Kennedy Center a regular thing. I saw American Ballet Theatre’s Swan Lake last week, and have Giselle and The Little Mermaid on the docket for early spring. If you live in DC and haven’t yet been to the Kennedy Center, make it a priority.
- I was so pumped to see today that Create + Cultivate will be at SXSW while I’m there! I’ll be busy with work, but hoping to slip away for at least some of their evening activities (happy hour?). Really wish I could make it to the NPR and millennials session, but thinking that won’t happen.
- Top 100 hotels in the world? And I’ve only been to one of them? Looks like I need to plan some extravagant trips ASAP.
- I stopped in Nordstrom Rack the other day on my quest for the perfect black booties (no luck) and spotted a whole rack of the short Kate Spade bridal dresses for under $200…and a pair of royal blue Kate Spade ballet flats for $39 (the flat version of these). They’re not on the website, but if anyone’s in the market for that, I’d suggest making a trip ASAP.
- Anthropologie is killing it with their shoes these days. Literally there are probably 10 pairs of boots and booties I would love to order from their sale section right now. Luckily, I restrained myself to just one pair, but if I had an endless budget…I would be splurging on all the pairs below.