Spring has officially arrived in DC! While cherry blossom season was a chilly one this year, the temperatures are finally warming up, the sun is out, and the flowers are blooming. I’m ready to start spending all of my time outside and taking advantage of everything there is to do in this city.
1. Take a bike ride out to Mount Vernon in Virginia
2. Make the Dupont Farmers’ Market my Sunday morning routine
3. Read outside in the park whenever I get a spare minute
4. Do an outdoor yoga class
5. Stroll through the Botanical Garden and the National Arboretum (I’ve never been to either!)
6. Spend an afternoon out at one of the Virginia vineyards
7. Dine al fresco any opportunity I can get
8. Venture out to Annapolis for a weekend trip out on the water
9. Host a cookout for friends with an ice cream bar
Of course, it’s no surprise that almost half the activities on my Spring Bucket List are food oriented! Spring and summer foods are my favorite because you can eat an easy meal with minimal cooking and then it’s ice cream for dessert! Whether in a cone or just a bowl covered in sprinkles, I’ve loved trying all of the new Trio flavors from Häagen-Dazs.