It’s time for another installment of What I’ve Been Writing Lately on the Internet! As y’all likely know by now, I’m a contributing writer for a few websites, including The Everygirl and Advice From a Thirtysomething. And, it’s funny, I’ve been hearing a lot about Enneagrams lately, so obviously I’ve had to take the quiz a few times and I always come out as an Enneagram 8. I don’t tend to think of myself as someone who is a dominant personality, but it 100% aligns with the fact I love writing advice essays — and, as I’m sure my friends would confirm, giving unsolicited life advice whenever possible.
WHAT I’VE BEEN WRITING LATELY
So, if you’re here for the unsolicited life advice that I’m offering, here are a few of the articles that I’ve written lately (lately being relative…since I actually wrote some of these over the summer, but they weren’t published until recently).
- Reset Your Outlook with a 24-Hour Getaway: We travel a lot, but we’re not always jet-setting across the country and globe. Most of our trips are quick 24-hour jaunts that let us escape and reset without a huge commitment of time and money. This is why I think that’s important.
- 5 Items You May Not Realize You Can Change in a Rental: Moving into a place with ugly kitchen hardware or terrible light fixtures? Don’t fret — you can probably change those!
- Newly Single? Here are 6 Things to Remember When Looking for Love on the Internet: I LOVED online dating and I’m always eager to tell anyone single that it’s 100% worth doing. It’s not just to meet people, it’s to learn more about yourself and what you’re looking for.
- An Expert Can Predict How Succesful Your Marriage Will Be Just By Looking at These 4 Things: A friend of mine (who consistently refuses to read my blog, BTW*) sent me a link a few years ago to a This American Life episode titled, “The Sanctity of Marriage.” I’ve referred back to this many times over the years and it inspired me to write this article.
- How to Know When It’s Time to End a Toxic Friendship: Any of us who’ve lived through our twenties have probably had that friend who we’ve had to cut off. This discusses all the signs that it’s time to say, “buh-bye!”
- 4 Tips for Planning Your First Getaway With a New Partner: Traveling with a new partner can be a make or break moment — but, at the end of the day, it’s less about how perfect the trip is and more about seeing whether or not you two can go with the flow and still have a good time.
These are a few articles I’ve written for a client of mine, but, since they have my byline and I think they’re relevant to anyone looking to live a bit more sustainably and mindfully this season, I’ll throw them in here:
- Sustainable Wrapping Ideas for the Holidays: I love a beautifully wrapped package, but we all realize it’s SO wasteful. Here are a few ideas for wrapping in a way that involves less throw-away trash.
- Stay Mindful this Holiday Season: The holidays can be stressful, but there are ways to manage the crazy and find moments of calm and relaxation.
- Gift Sustainably and Reduce Your Impact this Holiday Season: So many of us are moving towards minimizing stuff and giving fewer material gifts. Here are a few ideas to give sustainable gifts and experiences to your loved ones.
As always, here’s your reminder that if you like what you see here, give me a shout! In addition to this blog and my full-time job, I take on freelance writing projects, including web copy, blog content, and essays.
* I love hearing Grace Atwood talk about how she has friends who don’t like following her Instagram because they do NOT understand the blog content world — I totally have real-life friends who will not follow my blog because they don’t get it and don’t want to, ha.