“I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June.”
Anne of the Island, L.M. Montgomery
May was a busy blogging month. June will start off a little slower this week, but don’t worry, I’ll pick up the pace once a few projects are behind me, and once I’m in the momentum of what’s looking to be a busy summer full of life changes, a trip or two, and hopefully a bit of relaxing, too.
I took the picture below on a Sunday walk down to Georgetown. Every spring, this church puts on the most beautiful show with their overflowing English garden. Flowers tumble over the gate, onto the sidewalk, and there’s not a color that isn’t present. Turns out, this year it took May showers to bring June flowers.
Now, for a few things that have caught my attention over the past week…
- I came across Lena Dunham’s podcast from this past winter, Women of the Hour, while searching for something to listen to while I baked cookies for a cookout this past weekend. Cookies turned out terribly, as expected for someone who cooks rather than bakes, but the podcast was excellent. You can bypass Episode #2—I did about halfway through—but the rest of the episodes were relatable and a bit heartwarming.
- The flats I lusted after in this Valentine’s Day gift guide are finally on sale. You better believe I had to snag them, even if they won’t make their big debut until next winter.
- And because one pair of shoes is never enough, I finally bit the bullet and got a pair of sneakers from this post. The winners? High tops.
- I just started following @lostinhistorypics on Instagram last week. It’s amazing. Follow it. Can I please be Katharine Hepburn in this photograph?
- This past weekend, I took a class at The Lemon Bowl here in DC. The class, taught by Kate Zaremba, was on pattern and repeat…and I think it’s given me a new love of making paper cut outs. Matisse was on to something.
- In this post, I shared this trench cape that has received more compliments than any other item of clothing I’ve ever owned. While the rainy and cool weather is hopefully behind us, it’s worth picking the cape up at an extra 50% off sale so that you’ll have it in the fall.
- Since I’m always trying to squeeze every ounce of productivity out of every day, I love this list from The Everygirl on 15 things you can do with a found 15 minutes.
- How gorgeous is Julia’s entryway? She shares her tips for creating your own striking entryway on her blog, Lemon Stripes. It’s your home’s first impression. Make it matter.
- I’m probably more guilty than most of posting Instas of my morning latte, the occasional taco, and, of course, brunch. Next time, however, I promise I’ll be referring to these Instagram food tips. The experts know a thing or two.