SHOP LILLY NOW!
THE AFTER PARTY SALE
In case y’all hadn’t heard from all the other bloggers out there, the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale starts TODAY, January 7, bright and early at 8 a.m. I have an embarrassing amount of Lilly, and I buy almost all of it during this sale. The prices are too good to be beat. All year while I may really want a brand new shift, I kept reminding myself, I can get three dresses for the price of one during the sale. Patience is a virtue.
Plus, I just wore several of the pieces I’d picked up in past year’s sales while in Cartagena, so I’m putting these Lilly frocks to good use. The crop top set I sprung for a few years ago is one that I never imagined I’d wear as often as I do (it’s the one you saw when you clicked to this post!).
TIPS AND TRICKS
So, as you get ready to brave the online frenzy, here are the tips and tricks I’ve come up with after several years of successfully shopping the Lilly sale:
- Be patient. The site will crash. There will be a queue. Calm down. If you can’t get on, chances are, neither can anyone else, and I guarantee you there will still be plenty of items available when you’re finally able to get on the site.
- Be prepared. Have your login already created with all your shipping and billing information saved. This will make checking out a breeze.
- Nothing in your cart is guaranteed and shipping is free, so it makes sense to just check out after every single item.
- Set a budget and stick to it. You probably don’t need $700 worth of Elsa tops (or maybe you do!), so pick one or two you like, and go for those. It’s easy to get wrapped up in the deals, but they’re not that good.
- If it’s like past years, all items are final sale. Know your size and know which cuts work for you so you don’t end up with a dress that you didn’t realize ran three sizes too small.
- You can shop by print, so if there was a print that you absolutely loved and all you know is that you want something, anything in that print, you can narrow it down easily.
- However, if you do end up with something that doesn’t fit or the print just doesn’t work on you, don’t fret. You can absolutely sell it on ebay for the price you paid for it—though don’t be one of those people that buys 15 of the same item to try to sell at a markup.
- Don’t worry, even if you can’t get on this morning (I won’t be able to!), there will still be great pieces left over the next two days. There’s no real rush, I promise.
Here are a few of my picks from the sale. The prices are GOOD this year, with tons of dresses under $40, and most under $59.
I love the dress you’re wearing at the top of this post, that pattern is a new fave! I am bummed I waited a bit to log on and didn’t get to snatch up a set of adorable glasses…although I have enough glassware as it is, so maybe it was a sign, haha.
Haha, me too! I actually opened up the accessories page and then told myself, “no, you have too many Lilly cups and glasses already, just move along.”